YOUR INFORMATION AND PRIVACY
The Appleby Inn Hotel gathers and processes your personal information in compliance with the relevant data protection regulation and laws and as explained within this privacy notice, in which we will offer you information regarding your rights and our obligations, and explains how, why and when we process your personal data. You are very welcome to not provide personal data but this does mean we will not be able to complete certain services which will be explained to you should you not wish to provide the necessary personal data.
The Appleby Inn Hotel processes your personal information to meet our legal, statutory and contractual obligations and to provide you with our products and services. We will never collect any unnecessary personal data from you and do not process your information in any way, other than as specified in this notice.
The personal data that we collect from is listed below. Differing data is collected depending on which services you access.
- Date of Birth
- Home Address
- Personal Email
- Business Email
- Home Telephone Number
- Mobile Telephone Number
- Payment details
The Appleby Inn Hotel will never disclose, share or sell your data without your consent, unless required to do so by law. We only retain your data for as long as is necessary and for the purpose(s) specified in this notice.
The purposes and reasons for processing your personal data are detailed below:–
For restaurant bookings
- Name, address and either a contact telephone number, or an email address, will be required to reserve a table in our restaurant. We will send out a confirmation of booking, a reminder of booking, and at times confirmation of cancellations. Our booking engine and front of house software provider is ResDiary and their privacy statements can be viewed here https://sales.resdiary.com/privacy-statement/
- We collect and store some of your personal data as part of our legal obligation for business accounting and tax purposes.
For hotel bookings
- Name, contact telephone number and address along with payment information. If booking a hotel room on our flexible rate we will store credit/debit card information in accordance with PCI DSS.
- Booking preferences and requests including accessibility requirements.
- For rooms booked on our website under the non-refundable rate our payment: provider Worldpay will take payment for this service.
- Upon emailing or using one of our enquiry forms on our website we will use your personal data to contact you in relation to your enquiry. We will not contact you in any other way other than to respond to your requests for further information.
You have the right to access any personal information that The Appleby Inn Hotel processes about you and to request information about: –
- What personal data we hold about you
- The purposes of the processing
- To whom the personal data has/will be disclosed and who will be able to view your personal data
- How we access your personal data
- How long we intend to store your personal data for
- Information about the booking systems and software we use to process your data
If you believe that we have any fraudulent or incorrect data about you, you have the right to ask us to correct, complete or delete the information and we will to do so as quickly as possible, unless there is a valid reason for not doing so, at which point you will be notified. You can also restrict us from processing certain data where possible.
If we receive a request from you in regards to any of the above we may ask for this in writing or to verify your identity to keep your data safe.
Sharing and disclosing your personal information
We do not share or disclose any of your personal information without your consent, other than for the purposes specified in this notice or where there is a legal requirement.
We take your privacy seriously and follow every possible process to protect and secure your personal data from unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction and have several layers of security measures in place, including:–
SSL, restricted access, password protected software, firewalls, anti-virus/malware.
You are very welcome to not provide personal data but this does mean we will not be able to complete certain services which will be explained to you should you not wish to provide the necessary personal data.
How long we keep your data
The Appleby Inn Hotel only ever retains personal information for as long as is necessary and we have strict review and retention policies in place to meet these obligations. We are required under UK tax law to keep your basic personal data (name, address, contact details) for a minimum of 6 years after which time it will be destroyed.
Where you have consented to us using your details for direct marketing, we will keep such data until you notify us otherwise and/or withdraw your consent.
We may wish to contact you with promotions, or request feedback from you from time to time. If you consent to us using your contact details for this purpose, you have the right to modify or withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us directly.
We have multiple cameras that collect and store images for two weeks. We may share these images upon request of the police in the event of incident. The cameras are installed with the aim of increasing customer safety.
Websites and Social media
Some of our social media may provide the opportunity to post comments or reviews on our public page. If you decide to submit information on these pages, that information may be publicly available. If you leave a review on review websites these may be displayed on our website.
The Appleby Inn Hotel only processes your personal information in compliance with this privacy notice and in accordance with the relevant data protection laws. If, however you wish to speak with us regarding the processing of your personal data or are unsatisfied with how we have handled your information, please contact our general manager Michael Goss with your concerns.
Appleby Inn Hotel, Appleby Parva, Swadlincote, Derbyshire DE12 7AP.
Phone: 01530 270463
Appleby Inn Hotel 2020